Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summertime TV




A few months ago, my friend Jade blogged about her "guilty music pleasures". I thought that was really fun, so I decided to keep the multi- media confessions going by first confessing my summertime guilty viewing pleasures and then asking what you're watching this summer.

Before you judge me... (you probably will anyway, but I'm okay with that)...I don't spend endless hours in front of the tv. I utilize the amazing invention, the DVR and then of course fast forward through the commercials. I'm also reading this summer, so I'm not destroying all of my brain cells. :)

Here's my list....

1. So You Think You Can Dance- Fox- Wednesdays (performance show) Thursdays (results show)- The dance version of American Idol and sooooo much better than Dancing With The Stars- Absolutely love this show! :)

2. The Bachelorette- ABC- Mondays- Not really a fan of The Bachelor, but I like this show. It's a different ballgame when the shoe (or the stiletto in this case) is on the other foot. :)

3. Shear Genius Season 2- Bravo- Wendesdays- Stylist duke it out to see who is "shear genius"- Hosted by Jaclyn Smith- What's not to love?

4. Project Runway Season 5- Bravo- Premieres Wednesday July 16th! I've watched every season of this show and LOVE it! I'm excited about the new season and seeing how the designers "make it work"!

5. Mad Men Season 2- AMC- Premieres Sunday July 27th!- This was my favorite show last year, hands down. It is a smart, well written and acted drama about advertising executives in Manhattan in the early 60's. If you didn't catch it last season, you can get caught up with a marathon on July 20th.

So.... what are you watching?? You can share... I won't tell! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Those all definitely sound like Andi shows. :) I'm into all the "boy shows". I can't get enough of Deadliest Catch on Discovery, American Chopper on TLC, The Office (that's what she said), and Boy Meets Grill on Food Network. I highly recommend all of them!

Jennifer said...

My dear niece...where are the sports show??? I am watching the Reds and HGTV.

Love you , Aunt Jenny

Jade Clark said...

I haven't been watching anything...and it feels so great! I mean...we turn on the tv on occasion and flip through the channels to check and see if there is anything of interest, but there's usually not. On the weekends we watch lots of Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis (sigh), and we've watched Jurassic Park two Saturdays in a row...plus lots of movies. But during the weekdays, I'm getting in nearly 40-minutes of walking every day. Without tv shows that I HAVE to watch directly after dinner till bedtime... I feel sooooo free!

Anonymous said...

Did you know Shear Genius has Amy and my stylist on it? It is Matthew Tully! I think he gets "canned" tonight. He really hated it. but I am really proud of how he was on the show! I watch the Bachelorette also! It is so much better than the Bachelor! My other guilty TV shows are Young and the Restless, and Guiding Light. (I Tivo) But I can miss a day or even a week, and not care! But like you, I am reading a lot more this summer! I am really enjoying it! Good Post!

Amy Dawn said...

I can not wait until I can get into a permanent home so I can get my DVR working again! I have been having to watch shows on the scomputer because we are not home to watch them when they come on. But, the ones I have been watching online are The Bachelorette and Army Wives on Lifetime. I can't beleive the final show fort he Bachelorette is tonight-I so think she is going to pick Jason, but I guess she could suprise us all!