Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Second trip to Ohio!

Well, I'm blogging from "Stay at Home Mommy Central" today. This week is my first official week as a stay-at-home mommy! I still have mixed feelings about this. Don't judge me.... I know there are many women who would love to be in my place. I feel so blessed to be able to spend more time with Avery and I know it will be the best thing in the long run, but I really loved my job at Power FM. An amazing place, an amazing family.... and I'm going to miss it! It would have been alot easier to leave if I hated where I worked, but that definitely wasn't the case, so it was very bittersweet to leave. Also, I have worked (outside the home) in some capacity since I was 15! Being at home full time is going to take some getting used to, but I assure you my days won't be filled with TV watching, internet surfing and ice cream eating.... my days will be very busy because next week I'll begin keeping my niece Madison (7) and my nephew Connor (4) during the day. Almost overnight I will go from part-time working mom of one to stay-at-home mom/caretaker of 3! I'm really looking forward to it, but I'm not going to lie... I'm also scared out of my mind! I hope I have what it takes to entertain and occupy my audience while I maintain my sanity. :)

I'm sure many interesting blogs will be birthed out of my summer experiences, so keep checking in!

The pics above are from our Memorial Day weekend trip to Ohio to visit my family. It was a nice get-away and it's always good to see family. Avery was diagnosed with a viral throat infection on the Wednesday before we left, so needless to say she was pretty miserable until about Saturday. The flight there was a little rough, but the flight back was fun! She loved looking out the window with Daddy! The last picture is our "thank goodness we landed" shot. It was good to be on the ground in Dallas after a long weekend.... we all look a little tired.

I'll have Avery's 1st 8 month photo shoot up soon.

Happy Tuesday! (it is Tuesday isn't it?? I'm losing track of my days now..)

Andi

2 comments:

Amy Dawn said...

I have been thinking about you all week! I am glad you took some time to update us all on how your new position is going :) And-I hope you have been enjoying the calm before the storm!

Love the pictures of Avery in Ohio-so cute! Those pics of Brian and her would be excellent for father's day!

the corsos said...

Looking forward to many playdates with those Phelps children! Love you and you are a FANTASTIC SAHM!!