Thursday, July 3, 2008

"The days are long... the years short"

Avery was 9 months old on Wednesday! So crazy that she'll be a year old in 3 short months. On Saturday, we visited Brian's former boss Liz and her husband "Mr Lundy" in Fort Worth. They have a little boy and we were talking about how quickly the time goes when they're little. Liz said, "the days are very long, but the years are very short." I thought that was brilliant and very acurately described this time in life. The days (and sometimes nights) are long and I'm exhausted at the end of them, but it is such a precious, beautiful time. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have a tendency to worry about the future or lament about the past and I truly hope that this is one time that I savor the fleeting moments and live in the present.

Avery has her 9 month check up next week, so I'll keep you updated on height, weight, etc... She finally has a third tooth coming in. It's the one on the top left next to her front teeth. Should be an interesting look when that one comes in. :) She's not crawling yet, but she scoots around everywhere and has her hands in everything. She's very close to pulling up and it looks like she might be a walker before she's a crawler. The pics above are some that we took in the final days of her 8th month. They are so fun, I had to post them. I'll have some 9 month ones up soon.

Happy Thursday!
Andi

1 comment:

Amy Dawn said...

That is such a good way to think about it. I can't believe that your little love is getting so big! 3 months until her big birthday-wow! She is darling in her bunny towel! Can't wait to see you girls again!