Monday, April 7, 2008

Props to Single Moms!

In addition to the AAC, Brian's company has the account for TMS (Texas Motor Speedway) in Fort Worth. Brian is the regional controller, so TMS is his property. The NASCAR race was this weekend and that wonderful "sporting event" (notice the sarcasm), kept my husband away from home Thursday-Sunday. He left the house really early each morning and got home basically after I was in bed, so I didn't see him much at all. That meant that Avery and I had alot of girl's time. I love having girl's time with my "little love", but I'm not going to lie... by day 4 I was pretty wiped. Taking care of a 6 month old by yourself without any help and very little sleep is rough! My sweet husband is always a big help so his absence was definitely felt.

Everytime Brian is out of town or working long hours I am reminded that single moms are on their own all of the time and are playing the role of both parents. I really can't believe how they're able to do it and hold it together. My respect for them has gone to another level since I've exerienced just a small portion of what they encounter daily. So today's blog is dedicated to single moms. If you know any single moms, please pray for them and take some time to encourage them. Ask them if there's anything you can do to help them... offer to baby sit, treat them to a manicure or pedicure, clean their oven, etc... If you're a man, offer to mow their lawn or service their car.

Hope everyone's having a happy Monday! :)
Blessings,
Andi

9 Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: 11whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:9-11

No comments: