Friday, April 11, 2008

6 Month Check Up!

Avery had her 6 month check up yesterday afternoon. I have a love-hate relationship with the well visits. I'm always excited to find out how much she weighs and how long she is and I love to talk with our Pediatrician, Dr. Porter. He's such a nice man and is great with Avery. I also love all of the office staff and nurses. They are soooo sweet and they are crazy about our "Little Love". What I hate about the visits of course is the shots. Immunizations.... the necessary evil. I hate to watch my sweet baby's face turn bright red after the first stick and then hear the scream. I hate seeing her look at me with those eyes that say, "Why are you letting them do this to me?" I've wanted to cry everytime, but I've managed somehow to hold it together for her. Yesterday actually wasn't too bad. She screamed after the first stick and looked at me with "that look", but as soon as the nurse was done and I scooped her up, she was fine.

I love how God uses our everyday happenings to remind us of His love. As I comforted my daughter I was reminded that pain is a necessary part of our lives as believers. In His mercy, God uses that pain to draw us near to Him and then in our brokeness, He scoops us up in His arms and comforts us. It is such a beautiful picture! Praise Him who loves us and saved us!

Love & Blessings,
Andi

Avery's 6 month stats:

Weight: 16 lbs.

Height: 25"

Milestones (so far this month):

1st tooth on its way in (bottom right), sitting momentarily unassisted, eating cereal and yellow veggies, very vocal and transferring objects from one had to another.

Favorites:

Gymini, Bumbo seat, mirror, dogs, books, Exersaucer (thanks Amy & Italo!), music, American Idol, playing "Peek-A-Boo" & "Ride A Horse", Mommy's silly songs, Daddy's silly faces, cousins Trevor, Alex, Maddie & Connor, friends Annabelle and Landen.

4 comments:

Sherah said...

Thanks for the comment. I too will miss seeing you three every week! You have been a blessing in our lives, but I know that our friendship is not over! I will look forward to seeing you at other events and hopefully we can start having play dates. :)

I hate the shots too!!! We've only gotten one round so far, but it was aweful!

krcorso said...

Avery Grace...you are growing like a little weed!! Keep eating your veggies and encourage your friend Landen to add variety to his diet! He needs some encouragement!!

Love you!!

The Davis Duet said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! :-) Happy to hear all is well!

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful picture of how God comforts us! It made me tear up! I love you and it was so great seeing you on Saturday! I can't wat for this Friday!!!! EXCITING!!!!!