Monday, April 21, 2008

"Avery's Concert"- Part 1


Happy Stubblefields!

Friday, April 18th was a very happy day!! We had our hearing for Avery's adoption finalization! Avery is now officially a Stubblefield!! In our hearts, she has been a Stubblefield since the day she came home (and even before as we prayed for her), but hearing the judge say her name was icing on the cake. Now the legal aspect is done and it's great to have that behind us, but I must say that we have had so much peace the past 6 months leading up to this day. God has been so faithful to provide the peace that passes all understanding. He has taught us to trust Him with Avery and His plan for her life. I will have much more on all of this later.... so much to process.

We had 18 people make the trip to Wichita Falls with us to be present at the hearing and celebrate this happy day! We are so blessed to have such amazing families and friends. So what's with the title you ask???.... Our 3 year old nephew Connor absolutely loves Avery and was so excited to be going with us. He asked my mom on Thursday night, "Mamoo, are we going to Avery's concert?" So cute!! Well, it wasn't your typical concert, but it was a concert indeed... musical, beautiful and loud... a celebration of the goodness of our God!

Part 2 to come with lots more pictures...

Love & Blessings,

Andi

5 comments:

Jade Clark said...

Yay Stubblefields!

I was showing Preston the slideshow of Avery in the previous post and he was like "pretty girl!" Haha.

krcorso said...

Whoo Hoo!!! Love you friend! Happy day, Miss Avery Grace!! Let me know when you upload to photo bucket. :)

Anonymous said...

Each time, I told someone about how cool it was to hear Avery's name be annouced as a Stubblefield, I started crying all over! It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day and I am sooooo grateful that you included Annabelle and I in your celebration! Can't wait till this weekend so I can see you guys again! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you guys! Reading your post made me cry! I miss you guys and can't wait until we can all get together again!

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! I am so happy for all of you. Give kisses to Avery.

Love,

Aunt Becca