Friday, May 2, 2008

Avery is 7 months old!

Dedication Day

8 days old

Oh my goodness! Where has the time gone? I'm sure this is something that every mom deals with, but I can't believe how fast she is growing up! I love watching her change and do new things, but part of me is a little sad that she's growing up. I can't imagine that soon she'll be walking and talking then before we know it she'll be driving, going to dances... (if Daddy lets her out of the house), then leaving for college, and the progression goes on... It seems like we blinked and suddenly our little love is a"big girl" who is sitting up, has 2 teeth on the bottom, will probably be crawling anytime now and is saying da-da-da!


Putting my nostalgic mommy feelings aside, I am fascinated by watching her grow each day into the woman that God has planned for her to be. I know that He knit her together.. each piece... her sweet face, her beautiful blue eyes, her smile that lights up the room, her little hands and feet, her tender heart, her sing-songy voice, her infectious laugh, her fun social butterfly personality, the way she fights her sleep because she doesn't want to miss out on something....Each attribute came from her Father in heaven who loves her and knows her intimately. She is fearfully and wonderfully made! I am in awe of how good our God is and watching Avery day by day is a wonderful reminder of His goodness and faithfulness. Thank you Jesus for the sweet gift you have given us in Avery Grace!


"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. " Psalm 139:13-16


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so beautiful! And Avery looks AMAZING in that picture! She is such a beauitful girl with her Mommy's eyes and love and her Daddy's smile of laughter! So fun!

Jade Clark said...

I love that picture, my goodness! She's so...sunny and bright! Haha. Hope she's feeling better soon.