Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Avery's Olivia Birthday Party

Avery's 3rd Birthday was on October 2nd. It happened to be on a Saturday this year so we were able to have her party on her actual birthday. The theme was Olivia the Pig. Olivia is the main character in the Olivia books and she is also the star of her own show on Nick Jr. This was the first year for Avery to have an opinion about her birthday party and she wanted Olivia. We had yet to do a character theme until this year and Olivia proved to be the perfect one!! I have to admit I was skeptical at first about the color theme... red, black & white? I am a "happy colors" girl... bright shades of pinks, greens, yellows & oranges, especially for my little girl's birthday, but once I embraced it, I loved it! It turned out to be so much fun!!!

I wasn't able to find any Olivia party supplies, so I had to make most of the decorations. I made the cupcake toppers and used Olivia stickers to go with our theme. Favors were watercolor palettes with an Olivia color sheet and tags I made with one of Olivia's "Rules of Life"..."Red is absolutely, positively the best color for everything." :) We also used Olivia stuffed dolls and print outs from the Nick Jr site. We had Red punch and a sweets bar with all red candy (except for the red, black & white M&M's). Avery and I wore the party colors (apparently Daddy didn't get the memo.) The day was absolutely beautiful and we had the best time! Here are some pics from our special day.









































Invitation: Invite Delight Too Found the invite here and had them printed at Fedex.
Cake: Society Bakery Greenville Ave location - So very yummy and the decoration was AMAZING and perfect! Will definitely use them again!
Cupcakes: Tom Thumb Bakery- 7700 Northwest Hwy, across from North Park Center. This is the 3rd year I've used this bakery for cupcakes and they've always been wonderful.
Avery's pillowcase dress: Jazzy Girl Boutique

3 comments:

Mark and Corrie said...

Oh my goodness! The party and Avery were both ADORABLE! You did an amazing job!!

Anonymous said...

I'm having my daughters 3rd birthday party next month and it is Olivia themed also! Just out of curiosity, How much did you pay for the cake from society? (im from dallas too!:)

mackyton said...

Such a cute post! We also celebrated my daughter’s 3rd birthday last month only. It was an outdoor event venue Atlanta and also had a pool where the kids enjoyed after cutting the cake and eating cupcakes. I loved this cake so much, I wish I could taste it!