Saturday, May 22, 2010

Little Grey Dress




Several items in my wardrobe get worn over and over again. I do this for the following reasons:
1. Since I'm a SAHM, my clothing budget is significantly smaller than it used to be.
2. I'm a creature of habit!
3. If I like something and feel confident in it, it becomes my "go-to" item.

Case in point: the grey dress pictured above. I LOVE this dress and what makes me love it even more is that I got it for $40!! It almost looks like something from my favorite store that I can't afford... Anthropologie, but I actually got this little gem at one of those "cute clothes for cheap" type stores in the mall. I purchased it last summer to wear to my 20 year (yes, 20 year) high school reunion. Since its debut at the reunion, I've worn it 4 more times including a wedding I went to last night. It's my standard wedding and special occasion number and it has more than payed for itself. I can wear it as is or with a pashmina or cardigan if it's chilly. This little grey dress in fact has gotten much more wear than a dress I also purchased last year at my favorite store that I can't afford!

So if you see me in this dress over and over again in pictures, now you know why. I hope I'm not the only one who does this.... am I?


No comments: