Friday, April 23, 2010

My new friend

Okay... so I have a new friend... a digital SLR camera! It's a Canon EOS Rebel XS and I am IN LOVE!! I really have absolutely no idea how to use it (hope to take a class soon), and pretty much have it set on auto everything, but even so... I am IN LOVE!! I've always enjoyed taking pictures. I won't call it photography because a photographer I am not. I know many fellow bloggers who are legit photgraphers (Andrea Hughes, Casey Chappell and Stephany Stimson, just to name a few) and they are AMAZING at what they do. I'm just a mommy who loves taking pics of her little love and other things that catch my eye.

I'm super excited because this camera takes my "picture taking" to another level... no more waiting for the flash, the ability to take pics in rapid succession, fewer blurry action shots (comes in handy with my busy girl), and beautiful clarity and crispness. It truly has opened up a whole new world for me. I'm really looking forward to learning and experimenting!

Here are some of my favorite pics so far...























2 comments:

Amy Dawn said...

You and Sherah are totally getting me hooked on this idea! I need to start saving my pennies for this investement-BEAUTIFUL Pictures!

Andrea "The H family" said...

Wonderful girl! Love it. The camera probably came with a kit lens. Your next purchase needs to be a 50mm 1.8 lens. It's only $99. Trust me. You think you're in love now. Do it. Take that kit lens off and pop on that 50mm and you will swoon. Love the pics of your sweet girl!