Thursday, August 7, 2008

10 months already??!!!

Avery was 10 months old on Saturday! Unbelievable... I know I say that in every post, but I can't get my mind around how fast time is going. To celebrate, we went to Madison's 8th birthday party. The theme was a fun luau and Avery had a blast! She was literally the center of attention... running a close 2nd to the birthday girl. :)

It seems like Avery has started doing all kinds of fun things at once. At the end of her ninth month she began pulling up on anything she could and cruising (for those of you who don't keep up with baby lingo.. that just means she's taking little steps while holding onto something). The best surprise was when I walked(stumbled) in to get her one early morning and she was standing up peeking over the side of her crib looking at me like, "I'm ready to get up, where have you been?". It was a bit of a shock at 4:30 AM, but I couldn't help but smile. She also started clapping her hands and saying "Yay" when she does something she's proud of or when she hears music, clapping or cheering. I love it!! She knows where "nose" is now and takes great joy in squeezing the nose of whatever poor victim has been suckered into the "Where's the nose" game. She started saying ma-ma. Pretty sure she doesn't know what it means yet, but I love hearing it. I'm also about 99% convinced that she's saying dog. I could be jumping the gun a bit, but something very close to that comes out several times a day.

She's a joy to be with and I still can't believe that God gave her to us.

I'll have more pictures up soon and I also have a few things on my mind that I hope I find time to blog about.

Happy Thursday... almost Friday!! :)
Andi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's so beautiful! I can't believe she is getting so big! I miss ya'll!

Sherah said...

Wow, I can't believe all that she is doing! What a big girl!!! I also can not believe how time is flying by!

krcorso said...

Such sweet pics!! Love you, friend!

Jade Clark said...

Yep, the days just go faster and faster...isn't hardly fair! She is so beautiful, Andi...you're doing such a great job with her, mama! Haha.

Those Tonnes said...

It was really good seeing you yesterday. I am glad your family is doing good. Can't believe sweet Avery is already 10 months old. They really do grow up fast. Also glad you are enjoying staying at home - I hope that you keep enjoying it.